Coreum’s Engagement in the Permissionless Hackathon and Wave 3 Grant Program
The Coreum Development Foundation has once again made its mark by actively participating in the recent Permissionless Hackathon. Hosted by Blockworks and Bankless on September 9–10th in Austin, Texas, the event saw a myriad of innovative projects, with Coreum standing out for its commitment to fostering innovation in the decentralized space through innovative programmable asset technology.
The conference began with a compelling keynote by Erik Voorhees, where he delved into the fundamental principles of a “permissionless” economy, a system in which the necessity for central gatekeepers is eradicated, creating an environment that promotes inclusivity and democratizes economic opportunities. Coreum aligns with this vision while building the infrastructure to act as an epicentre for programmable digital assets, where decentralization and empowerment are at the forefront.
Being on the grounds of an IRL hackathon offered the Coreum team an opportunity to engage directly with builders; both developers and business leaders, to share the latest insights about Coreum’s tooling and compliant frameworks that allow business models to be built on-chain effectively.
Regenscore Triumphs at the Permissionless Hackathon
Among the many outstanding projects presented at the hackathon, “Regenscore” emerged as the winner. This unique NFT rewards program is designed to incentivize sustainable actions and behaviours. More information can be found on their official website: regenscore.xyz
Wave 3 Grant Program: A Call for Innovators
In line with its mission to bolster the decentralized ecosystem, Coreum’s Grant Program applications are open as part of the Wave 3 intake. Submissions are open directly on the Coreum Grants website or via F6S until October 30th, 2023.
The Wave 3 Grant Program places specific emphasis on initiatives geared towards enriching the Coreum ecosystem. The submission categories encompass:
- DEFI (AMMs): Projects that delve into decentralized finance, especially Automated Market Makers.
- DAOs: Decentralized Autonomous Organizations that can redefine governance and operations.
- Account Abstraction: Simplifying user experiences in the decentralized world.
- Zero-Knoledge-based applications: Zero-Knowledge-proof applications that prioritize privacy and security.
- Decentralized Identity (DID): Solutions that provide secure and self-sovereign identity mechanisms.
- Unique Smart Token Implementations: Tokens that bring novel functionalities and utilities to the table.
- Dev Tooling: Tools focusing on storage, security, oracles, and more, to aid developers in the decentralized space.
- XRPL Bridge: Bridging solutions to connect with the XRP Ledger.
- Secure Messaging: Encrypted communication solutions that leverage Coreum’s Proof of Concept for secure messaging.
Coreum believes in the power of community-driven innovation. The Grants Program aims to provide a platform for visionaries to bring their ideas to life, thereby contributing to a more open, decentralized, and inclusive digital future.
For those interested in being a part of this transformative journey, mark your calendars and ensure your submissions are in by October 30th, 2023.